Carolina Commercial Systems is a locally owned HVAC company in Raleigh, NC. Our ownership and management team have over 75 years combined HVAC experience. We are looking for dedicated Commercial HVAC Construction Mechanic to join our Commercial Team. This job performs a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to installing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems. Complete installation includes, but is not limited to, products such as heat pumps, ventilation systems, gas furnaces, chillers, rooftop package units, Daikin VRV systems, Mitsubishi VRF systems, VAV boxes, kitchen hoods, while providing top notch customer service. Complete installation involves all aspects of products, including but not limited to; equipment, piping, wiring, labeling, troubleshooting problems, etc.
Hourly wage $30 to $35 per hour depending on experience
- Installation of all various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Maintain a high level of safety at all times.
- Meet key productivity goals as set by the company.
- Think outside the box on ways to enhance service and customer experience.
- Maintain truck stock and inventory within company guidelines; including, but not limited to, ladders, power tools, fittings, fasteners, and hand tools.
- Follow truck maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean truck/work space.
- Work with other trades, field support, and office staff for job coordination/completion.
- Identify, mentor, and train Jr. mechanics, mechanics, and helpers.
- Take ownership of work performed, and have accountability for actions.
- Participate in pre, during, and post job site meetings.
- Complete job inspections prior to calling in inspections, make sure that someone capable from CCS is on site to meet inspectors, and fix issues on the spot if needed.
- Per job specifications; design, install, test and troubleshoot duct work.
- Per job specifications; perform material take-offs.
- Per job specifications; run and test piping.
- Lay out work for mechanics, junior mechanics and helpers
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Participate in on-the-job training and classroom training.
- Excellence in reading mechanical blue prints along with a basic understanding of electrical, architectural, and plumbing.
- Excellence in reading cut sheets from job package, including but not limited to equipment, curbs, and air distribution.
- Coordinate with start-up, service, and all other departments needed to properly close jobs out. Mentor and train all levels of CCS field personnel.
- Coordinate requests for equipment, cranes, materials, air balances, etc. with Project Managers.
- Use Leadership skills to motivate a productive, and efficient team for successful completion of all projects.
- Coordinate with general contractors and engineers to proactively solve problems throughout the scope of projects.
CAROLINA COMMERCIAL SYSTEMS OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Company truck
- Company phone and ipad
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- CCS Paid Short and Long term disability
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Manager Uniforms
- 401K and Company matching funds
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance policy